One Great Purim Party Can Change The World..
Story of Purim
- Purim is a holiday that commemorates the deliverance of the Jewish people in the ancient Persian Empire from destruction in the wake of a plot by Haman.
- Haman planned to kill all the Jews in the empire, but his plans were foiled by Mordecai and his adopted daughter Queen Esther. The day of deliverance became a day of feasting and rejoicing.
- Purim is celebrated by giving mutual gifts of food and drink ... drinking wine, wearing of masks and costumes, and public celebration.
- Scholars claim one should drink on Purim until he can "no longer distinguish between the phrases arur Haman ('Cursed is Haman') and baruch Mordechai ('Blessed is Mordecai').
- Other authorities have written that one should drink until one is unable to calculate the gematria (numerical values).
- 2 Complimentary Drinks
- Goodie Bag with Mystery Items at Door
- One Raffle Ticket for Prize
- Premier Ping Pong Tables All Night
- Yes - Hamentashen will be served
- Dance Floor with Neon Lights and No Judgements
- 2 Song Request Per Person
- Yes - we will be doing the Hora
- Premier Purim Play for Early Arrivers
- "This actually sounds fun"
- "This seems good"
- "What's Purim?"
- "I hope there are lots of hot single jewish guys there"
- "Fuck Haman"
- "I'd gladly spend more on this than New Years Eve
- "I am SO excited for Kim and Kanye's baby"
- quotes forthcoming..
FundingWe would make this free if possible, but throwing the Premier Purim Party comes with some costs. This is a nonprofit event.
Minimum Entry Price: $20 Suggested Price: $30 VIP Price: $50